Do’s And Don’ts Of Cleaning The Garage Door
Do you know that you should clean your automatic garage door from time to time, as it is constantly exposed to many damaging elements? A clean garage door can stay in good condition for a lifetime and it also increases the beauty and worth of your property.
When the oil and dirt build-up on the tracks, it can lead to break downs. If you are serious to save your time and money, it is highly recommended to clean your door periodically. If you can’t clean the door yourself, hire garage door service.
What’s the right time to clean the door?
Homeowners should clean or wash the garage door once a year. However, if you live in an area where your door is exposed to destructive elements, then you should clean it after two months.
If you witness the build-up of dirt or oil, it is a signal that your door needs to be cleaned. Before cleaning the door, properly inspect your door and if the garage door springs are damaged, hire Garage Door Spring Replacement Alamitos service.
The best method to clean the garage door
- Properly mix the soap or detergent with warm water. Warm water will help you easily remove all the oil and dirt.
- Wet the surface of the door with that water and clean the door in sections.
- Scrub the door with a soft rug or brush and then rinse it with clean water.
- Once you are done with one section, move to another and repeat until you are finished.
What you should not do?
- Never use a pressure washer and don’t mix the detergent in bleach.
- Don’t use rough or hard cloth or sponge because they can damage the finish of the garage door.
- If needed, it is better to hire affordable Garage Door Repair Alum Rock service.